- Sex on Campus Isn’t What You Think: What 101 Student Journals Taught Me. The Guardian, August 23, 2016.
- The Hypermasculine Violence of Omar Mateen and Brock Turner. New Republic, June 14, 2016.
- How ‘Benevolent Sexism’ Drove Dylann Roof’s Racist Massacre. Washington Post, June 21, 2015.
- Why Trolls Spammed a College’s Rape Reporting System. Salon, December 19, 2013.
- American Men’s Hidden Crisis: They Need More Friends! Salon, December 7, 2013.
- Four Things that Lower Your Testosterone. Salon, September 19, 2013.
- Sex Shocker! Men and Women Aren’t that Different. Salon, September 18, 2013.
- Seven Surprising Discoveries about Sex. Alternet, September 18, 2013.
- Yes, Let’s Talk about Race and IQ. Politico, August 22, 2013.
- 5 Reasons Your “Sexual Peak” Might be Fake. Salon, August 14, 2013.
- The Hookup Elites. Slate, July 19, 2013.
- The Hookup Culture Bogeyman. Los Angeles Times, May 30, 2013.
- The Growing Cost of Having Kids Is Tipping More Women Towards Ambivalence about Motherhood. Alternet, May 6, 2013.
- The Orgasm Gap: The Real Reason Women Get Off Less Often Than Men and How to Fix It. AlterNet, April 3, 2013.
- High Heels Hurt Like Hell: Do Women Wear Them to Signify Class and Status? AlterNet, February 28, 2013.
Radio and Podcast:
- Talking with Kids about Sexual Assault and Consent. Minnesota Public Radio, November 2, 2016.
- Millennials Are Having Less Sex Than Their Parents. Minnesota Public Radio, August 18, 2016.
- How It Became OK for Guys to Take Care of Themselves. National Public Radio, January 6, 2016.
- Can’t Buy Me Love. Popaganda, February 12, 2015.
- Hookup Culture and History. Sex Nerd Sandra, July 16, 2014.
- More Bromance Needed. Boston Public Radio, January 13, 2014.
- A Man’s Best Friend. Canadian Broadcasting Company, January 10, 2014.
- Sociologist to Dudes: Man Up and Make Some Friends. New Hampshire Public Radio, December 18, 2013.
- Male Friendships Not Close Enough. Wisconsin Public Radio, December 12, 2013.
- GoldieBlox Aims to Build a New Generation of Girl Engineers. KPCC, November 26, 2013.
- On Halloween, Some Women Seek Alternatives to Super Sexy Costumes. Annenberg Radio News, October 31, 2013.
- Why Are a Bunch of Colleges Being Sued and Reported to the Federal Government under Title IX. KPFK, April 30, 2013.
- At Issue with Ben Merens. Wisconsin Public Radio, December 18, 2012.
- The Teenage “Pressure Cooker.” CNN, August 16, 2012.
- Booted from Children’s Section of Barnes & Noble for Being a Man? KPCC. June 5, 2012.
- Dirty Talk. DVD. Los Angeles: World Kin Ensemble, 2014.
- Superstimulus. Take Part Live, April 17, 2014.
- Millennial Behavior. Take Part Live, November 26, 2013.
- Modern Sexuality and “The Square.” Take Part Live, November 4, 2013.
- Pinkwashing and the Greatest Bad Movie Ever. Take Part Live, October 7, 2013.
- Colleges Under Fire for Sexual Assault Procedures. Bloomberg Businessweek Videos, June 13, 2013.
- Strange Bonds. National Geographic, June 11, 2013.
- Farm Bill Provides Massive Subsidies to Wealthy. Huffington Post Live, June 6, 2013.
- The “Do What You Love’ Sham.” Huffington Post Live, May 30, 2013.
- I Have “Evolved.” Huffington Post Live, April 9, 2013.
- Expert: Too-Sexy Costumes Send Wrong Message. NBC, October 29, 2012.
- Hook Up Culture on Campus. MTV, September 26, 2011.